Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Edition: Yummy Finds

It's humid and overcast here in New England on this Friday morning.  The sun isn't supposed to be out too much this weekend either.  It's a bummer when all of the fabulous weather happens in the middle of the week when I am stuck in my office. 

I'm hoping the overcast whether won't stop me from going to some farmer's markets this weekend to pick up some fresh local produce.  To inspire my taste buds, this week I have some more delicious-sounding (and looking!) recipes from some blogs that feature in-season produce.

First up is a recipe for Mini Cherry Almond Pies from Kate at Centsational Girl.

Source: Centsational Girl
Doesn't that look great?  And the best part - Kate made them from cherries from her own cherry tree.  I can't think of anything better than that!  For those of you who aren't familiar with Kate's blog, I encourage you to go visit.  She is a really crafty DIY'er and decorator!

The second yummy find is Roasted Corn Chowder from Meg, the author of The Red Spoon.

roasted corn chowder
Source: The Red Spoon
The Red Spoon offers lots of yummy looking recipes that are the result of Meg's experiments in her "office" - the kitchen.  Meg is a funny girl who like to experience the full extent of the food she loves.  You can learn more about Meg and her husband, Josh, here.

Go show these ladies some love!  And leave me a comment to let me know what your favorite in-season recipe is.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one.