Monday, September 26, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner: An Egg and Cheese Wrap

Or you could call it a burrito instead of a wrap.  The idea is still the same: instead of the usual boring eggs with toast, scramble your eggs, put them on a tortilla and add some salsa!  And there you have a yummy breakfast, lunch or dinner!

I've been eating these wraps/burritos for a while now since the Husband brought home a package of a million tortillas from BJs.  I mean, we will never be able to eat all of these tortillas on taco night, so I have to find some other uses.  Any suggestions??


Egg and Cheese Wrap
Ingredients:
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 flour tortilla
cheese (amount to your liking)
salsa (amount to your liking)
cilantro to garnish

Instructions:
Scramble your eggs in a non-stick skillet.  Place the cooked eggs on the tortilla (which you can warm in microwave for 10sec. if desired).  Add cheese, salsa and cilantro.  Eat!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love eating eggs for dinner but I hate to eat them always in same way! So thank you for nice idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make enchiladas with them. . . corn is better but flour will work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can bake them in the oven as tortilla chips. You can add a variety of flavors such as curry powder, cinnamon and sugar etc. I love breakfast for dinner, your recipe sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wraps of nutella and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love breakfast burritos, especially with the meatless crumbles, pre-cut hashbrowns, or avocado! MMMMMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make a casserole that uses tortillas - basically an enchilada casserole - what about baked cinnamon & sugar ones with butter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such yummy ideas ladies! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.