Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cheater!

Confession:  I have not felt like cooking at all this week.  It's kind of odd, since I love to cook.  But lately I feel like I am just cooking the same things over and over again.  Do you get in that rut?  What do you do to snap out of it?

So what have I been doing instead of cooking?  Well, the Toddler and I have been playing outside a lot (since it still feels like July here!), and I've been crafting some things for Halloween:


How cute is that?  I got the idea from Southern Living magazine.  You just paint two coats of orange paint on jars and then use a black permanent marker to make the face.  Pop a flameless candle in there and you have a cute little jack-o-lantern!

So while I was making that . . . I totally cheated on making dinner last night.  Why am I a cheater?  Well let me first say that I am all about convenience products, like Perdue short cuts chicken.  But I usually just don't open a can, heat it up, and call it dinner.  But that is kind of what I did last night!


Chili Baked Potato
Ingredients: 2 servings
2 russet potatoes
1 can chili (I used Hormel Vegetarian Chili)
scallions, sliced for garnish

Instructions
Pre-Heat oven to 350F.  Poke some holes in potatoes and bake in oven for about 1 hour.  In the last 10 minutes of the potatoes cooking, pour chili in saucepan and warm up.  Halve the  potatoes and pour desired amount of chili over the halves.  Sprinkle scallions on top and serve with salad.


Do you guys ever cheat?  What's your favorite cheat meal?


P.S.  I'm linking up here

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of the chili-baked potato! definitely will be doing that...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.