Thursday, September 1, 2011

Is it really Thursday?

My whole week has been thrown off because of the hurricane and the enduring power outages at the Toddler's daycare as well as the phone/internet outages at my office building.  Last night I was doing dishes and I had an entire conversation with myself (in my head) about what day it was.  For a moment I had convinced myself that it was Tuesday and that my What's New Wednesday blog post was wrong!!

Then I realized it was Wednesday; and all was right in the world.

Anyway, getting to today's recipe.  I still haven't gone food shopping.  In fact, I have nothing for breakfast so I will be stopping to get an egg sandwich on my drive to work!  But I did have a few random ingredients that I threw together to create a salad!


Corn, Radish and Chickpea Salad
Ingredients:
2 C corn ( I used thawed frozen corn)
1 bunch radishes, chopped into small pieces
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2-3 T vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
2-3 T olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard

Instructions:
Combine the first three ingredients into a bowl.  In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and mustard and pour that over the corn mixture.  You may need to add more vinegar/oil/mustard according to your taste.  Add salt and pepper if desired!


2 comments:

  1. I love how you threw together what you had to make a yummy salad. I'm usually not so creative when I need to go shopping. Hopefully things are back to normal for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I'm following you from Hop Along Friday! I'm following you on Google Friend Connect, Twitter, Facebook, NetworkedBlogs, etc., as applicable!
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    -Courtney P.
    http://couponingcourtney.blogspot.com

    P.S. I'm sorry it's been a few days - it's been a crazy weekend for me!

    P.P.S. That looks delicious! I might have to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.