|"Hot Cocoa Cubes" uploaded to Flickr by lizzybeans11|
Then I read my latest issue of Taste of Home magazine, which had a really pretty picture of an ice cube tray (couldn't find it online) filled with all sorts of stuff? Did you know you could freeze yogurt? I didn't. What about chipotle peppers? Had no idea!
Besides pesto and herbs, here are a few more things that can be made into cubes for later use! What else do you freeze using this method?
- Chopped onion - freeze chopped onion in water and before cooking, thaw and drain
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - thaw and then puree
- Yogurt - blend a few cubes with juice to make a smoothie
- Tomato paste - use cubes to add to sauce
- Wine - put a cube or two into sauces