Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday Edition: Kitchen Tip


"tupperware" uploaded to Flickr by tWo pInK pOsSuMs

I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to my January exercise program and "diet"!  I had been doing so well up until last Saturday, when we had our holiday block party and I made that delicious bread pudding.  It was all downhill after that - cookies at church, cake and brownies at work . . . and it's only Tuesday!!  There are still many more days before Christmas and there are going to be parties, and get-togethers and dinners.  I will be lucky if I can fit into any of my pants on Sunday morning.

Tomorrow I will be going to a cookie exchange.  It's going to be a big one - about 20 people are coming - so I am going to get a lot of loot.  Which is great in theory, because I love Christmas cookies.  But it is also worrisome since (1) I want my pants to fit; and (2) where am I going to put all these cookies?

Well some of them I will bring to work.  Others I will just leave on the counter on a platter covered with plastic wrap.  And then, a portion of them will be stored.  I use the following method to store my cookies: in a plastic container or cookie tin, line the bottom with wax or parchment paper, add a layer of cookies, and then repeat the paper and the cookie layers until you reach the top.  Finish the layering by adding a piece of foil before putting the top on the container. 

You can also freeze your non-frosted cookies using this method.  With either method, just make sure your cookies are completely cool before storing them.

How do you store your cookies?

3 comments:

  1. I freeze almost every baked good that I make. It slows down my snacking at least long enough for the item to thaw before I can eat it. ;) Well, except for the cookies that I actually love to eat frozen. ha ha

    Have a GREAT Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year has made my clothes much tighter too! But your cookies exchange sounds so fun. I just throw my cookies in a ziploc to freeze only because I know they'll still be gone fast. But I like your longer-term method. That might deter me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually store them only 2 or 3 to a package as I don't want to over eat them. I freeze them and then take them out one packet at a time. I also bring things to work. They get eaten very same day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.