Monday, February 13, 2012

Chicken Paprikash

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend and were able to rest and have fun with your friends and/or family.  We had a pretty stressful Saturday since the Husband's car died.  It pretty much stopped working right on the interstate.  Thankfully he is okay.  The car, well, it made it to the shop in one piece, but we don't know what is wrong with it!

Sunday was a better day.  We decided to stay in the entire day, only venturing out to Target to get some necessities.  That turned out to be a good plan since I made some brownies (I will post them tomorrow), took a nap, and was able to make Chicken Paprikash, which was a yummy meal!


Chicken Paprikash
Recipe from Clean Eating Magazine
Ingredients
3 oz sun dried tomatoes
1lb redskin potatoes, scrubbed well, patted dry and cut into 8 wedges each
1 T olive oil, divided
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1lb chicken breast, cut into cubes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 T sweet paprika
1/2 C fat free Greek yogurt
fresh ground pepper, to taste


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425 F, bring kettle of water to boil.

In a small bowl, add tomatoes and enough boiling water to cover completely.  Let sit for 20 mins.  Drain and chop finely.

Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.  Add potatoes and drizzle with 2 tsp. olive oil.  Toss well to coat and spread evenly on sheet.  Bake for 40 minutes, flipping potatoes halfway through.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining olive oil on medium for 1 minute.  Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 mins.  Add tomatoes, chicken, garlic, paprika and 1/4 C water.  Stir well and cook until chicken is done, about 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.  Divide chicken mixture and potatoes among 4 plates and garnish with pepper if desired.

8 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I've been wanting to try that new smoked paprika everyone is talking about, but I keep forgetting to look for it when I go to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, is sweet paprika labeled just that way? I have Hungarian paprika and smoked paprika in the cupboard, but I don't think I've ever run across sweet paprika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - It looks like a great chicken recipe. Hope the cars ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks super yummy! Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. I'm your newest follower! If you get a chance, I'd love it, if you could follow me back. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love chicken. I buy the large packs of skinless boneless chicken breasts and we use them up in two weeks time easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! I love a tasty chicken dish! That's frustrating about the car--I hope it's quickly fixed! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything with chicken, this looks yummy! Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.