Thursday, April 28, 2011

One Busy Day

After coming home from a long day at work, the last thing I want to do is think about dinner.  But there it is, staring right at me.  It's on the microwave and the oven.  Even my Keurig is against me.  It is dinner time!!!

What should I make??

Well, if I had my act together (which I do not), I would refer to some magical list that would tell me what I had planned, and then open the fridge, grab the ingredients, and whip up dinner.

I have looked all over my house and there is no magical list.  When I open my fridge all I see is beer, milk and ketchup!!  What's a girl to do?

Thankfully, I have learned to "concoct" things from what I have in my freezer, fridge and pantry. Just having beer, ketchup and milk was a bit of an exaggeration - I do have a child so there is usually chicken nuggets too!!  Some of my concoctions come out pretty good.  Sometimes they do not.  I try to write down the good ones.  I figured starting a blog would motivate me to actually measure stuff out and write things down.  Plus I could record some of the recipes I have found along the way that I love and are super easy to make.  Oh, and some tips and tricks that I have found from other blogs and magazines.

So hopefully I will share (on a regular basis) my tips and tricks on getting dinner to the table when you are a busy person and have to be an Act Fast Chef!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one.