I really love a good burger. What is even better is a good burger with GREAT fries! The Husband and I have been trying to get to Five Guys forever, but just haven't gotten there. We plan to go this Friday for dinner. Hopefully it works out this time!
In the meantime, I made my Oregano Turkey Burgers with sweet potato fries. And a side of green beans! If you have the turkey defrosted, this is a pretty quick meal. The longest part is the prepping of the fries. So if you are really short on time, you can just buy a frozen bag of sweet potato fries (I recommend Alexia Sweet Potato Fries!! So yummy).
Oregano Turkey Burgers:
- I didn't put measurements because you can make as much or as little as you want and season it to your liking. I love oregano, so I pour it on. If you don't have garlic powder, you can use some garlic salt (but adjust accordingly). I season so every spoonful of turkey has some green in it:
I used 2.3lbs turkey meat and was able to get 11 burgers. I grilled 6 and froze the remaining. We added Swiss cheese to the grilled burgers, and we loved that! We've tried mozzarella, but like Swiss the best.
For the sweet potato fries, I just cut the potatoes into thick match sticks, drizzled with olive oil and some salt and cooked until just brown at 350F.
It took me a couple attempts at making fries to master the "match stick cut". So in case you are still trying to figure it out, this is what I do:
1. After peeling the potatoes, I cut the potatoes in half (I use one potato per person, and that gives us leftovers)
2. Cut the halves in half so you now have quarters
3. Slice the quarters. Depending on the size of the quarter, I usually get 3-4 slices
4. Flip the slice so the skinned side is perpendicular to the counter. Then slice the potato several times to form thick match sticks
If you like them spicy, you can season them with chili powder, cayenne pepper and a little salt. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake.