Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How about a smoothie?

When I want something other than eggs for breakfast, I usually make a smoothie.  But smoothies are great anytime!  And, depending on what you put in your smoothie, it can be your entire meal!

Real Simple magazine recently had a yummy-looking spread on smoothies.  I particularly liked the look of the Raspberry and Nut smoothie

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup low-fat milk
  • 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tablespoon natural almond or peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey

 

 

Directions

  1. Place the milk, raspberries, banana, almond butter, and agave nectar in a blender.
  2. Blend until smooth and frothy.

Since I don't have agave nectar, I would use honey.  Also - peanut butter instead of almond butter.

My go-to smoothie is pretty simple:

1/2 banana
1 T. peanut butter
vanilla or chocolate protein powder (1 or 2 scoops depending on brand)
5-6 ice cubes
enough skim milk to cover all the ingredients

What's your favorite smoothie recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one.