Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Edition: Kitchen Tip

Every time I make a meal I ask the Husband whether he likes it.  He has three standard answers: "sure", "yeah, I do like it" and silence.  Silence is the worst and when I ask him again, he plays it off like he didn't here me.  But I know he did.  To give him an out I usually say something like "should I make it again?" and then he usually 'fesses up and says no.

If he says "sure", it means that it is edible.

If he says "yeah I do like it", it means that he really does like it.

My next question to him is then "what can I do to make it taste even better?"  His answer is always, always, always, BACON.  Ugh!!

Don't get me wrong.  I love bacon.  But I am trying to, you know, stay healthy and not go up a size in my clothes!  But this past holiday weekend (and after I had a particularly tough workout), I decided to treat the Husband, the Toddler (she loves bacon too) and myself to bacon cheeseburgers on the grill.  Yum!

But these weren't just any bacon cheeseburgers.  These burgers had bacon and cheese IN the burger.  I found a fabulous butcher who makes all these fancy burgers and so I bought 3 along with 1/4lb bacon.  And since I was grilling, I decided to grill the bacon as well.  I had never done it, never read about doing it, but figured since you can grill just about anything, you could grill bacon. 

What you do: throw bacon on grill.  Keep flipping bacon until you get your desired crispiness.











Result: the most wonderful, crunchy, crispy, delicious bacon!  And, bonus:  no stinky house since you are grilling outdoors!  Love it.


I don't have a picture of just the bacon...we actually ate it too fast.  And actually, the pictures above are from the second time I made bacon cheeseburgers over the weekend.  They were so good that we had to have them again!!  But I will share a picture of the burger with you:


notice the chips in the background?  well if you are going to eat poorly, you gotta do it all the way!


2 comments:

  1. I think if I could make bacon-wrapped bacon kabobs in a bacon sauce my husband would die of happiness.

    Dudes love the bacon.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Dudes do love bacon :) Nice to meet you to!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.