Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Simple Snack

In addition to cooking dinner every night almost every night, I try to make or buy snacks that I can pack for lunches or put in my bag for either the Toddler or for me.  Since I usually pick up the Toddler from daycare and then run errands, I try to pack non-perishable snacks so it can just be kept in my bag until she is hungry.  Truthfully, the snack usually ends up being Goldfish crackers.  Sometimes Wheat Thins.  But not this week!

On Sunday morning I found a box of cornbread mix in my pantry and decided to throw some berries into the mix and make mini muffins.  They came out pretty good!  Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 box cornbread mix (I used Jiffy, which called for 1 egg and 1/3 C milk)
1 C blueberries
1/3 C dried, sweetened cranberries
Cooking spray or liners for muffins



Instructions:
mix cornbread mix with ingredients it calls for on the box.  Add blueberries and cranberries and mix.  Bake according to directions on box.



Since it is cornbread, it isn't that sweet.  But the muffins are pretty tasty and easy to pop in your mouth!  Also, minus the baking time, it took me 7 mins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one.