Thursday, June 9, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

I didn't have time to cook on Wednesday night either.  I gave a seminar at the other end of the state.  So I had to leave my house (and my office) really early, and I got home really late.  I only saw the Toddler for a few minutes in the morning before I left for work.  

In this situation, I typically would have thrown something in the slow cooker.  But I had not been grocery shopping, so I didn't have anything to throw in there!  The Husband had to fend for himself.  The Toddler - well, she had chicken nuggets and carrots.

So between the heat wave and a crazy work schedule, this appears to be a non-cooking week!  However, I have been making myself breakfast.  And the other day I made this yummy omelet, which I would totally eat for dinner (or lunch, or even a snack).  So I figured I would share it with you!

Turkey and Swiss Omelet with Honey Mustard Ranch Sauce
Ingredients:
olive oil spray
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
2 slices deli turkey (I used low sodium organic turkey)
1 slice Swiss cheese (I used low fat)
1 T lite ranch dressing
1 T honey Dijon mustard

Instructions:
Heat skillet or frying pan over high heat, spray pan with olive oil spray and add egg whites and whole egg. (You can mix the eggs together prior to adding them to the pan, but I am lazy, and just crack the entire egg into the pan and then stir it in!).  Turn heat down to medium (unless you are really good at this and can cook at high without ruining your meal.  I'm not that good).


After the eggs cook for 1-2 minutes (and stop being so runny), lay the turkey and the Swiss down on top of the eggs.  Let that cook for another 1-2 minutes while you whisk together the 1 T lite ranch dressing and the 1 T honey Dijon mustard in a separate bowl.

Once the eggs are cooked through and the cheese is melty, flip your omelet in half and take it out of your pan.  Drizzle the desired amount of sauce over your omelet - and you have breakfast for dinner!



What are your favorite omelets?  Have you tried any of those omelet making devices that help you flip it?  Do they work?  Let me know!  I love comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one.