Suprisingly, this recipe was in the December 2010 issue of Family Circle. But I definitely think it is a spring/summer salad!
Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces bocconcini (small mozzarella nuggets), drained
- 1 cup slivered baby carrots
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cup slivered red onion
Directions1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. Stir in oregano. Cover and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high
heat. Add snap peas and simmer 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Place snap peas in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, bocconcini,
carrots, olives and red onion. Toss with 1/3 cup of the dressing.
My variation: I didn't have white balsamic vinegar, nor did I want to buy it. I substituted white wine vinegar and a touch of balsamic vinegar instead. Instead of bocconcini, I just used sliced fresh mozzerella.
Verdict: Oh Yum! It was so good. The Husband and Toddler loved it. So did my mother and father in-law!