Monday, July 4, 2011

Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches

Happy 4th of July!  It's a humid, hot, and yucky day here in the Northeast.  Thankfully our BBQ was on Saturday and not today, because eating outside today would not be enjoyable. 

We have no plans today, except maybe getting some ice cream and just hanging out.  I'm going to try to sneak in a walk this morning before the Toddler wakes up - try to sweat out all the cookies and cake I ate this weekend!

I'm being pretty lazy today with my cooking as well.  I bought some pre-made kabobs at the butcher, so I am just going to throw those on the grill and cook a side of rice and throw together a quick salad.  If I didn't get the kabobs, I would be tempted to make some roast beef sandwiches.




Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
adapted from Campbell's Kitchen recipe
Ingredients:
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Condensed French Onion Soup
1 T reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
4 Rolls
4 slices deli provolone cheese cut in half
1/4 C drained hot or mild pickled banana pepper rings (optional)

Instructions:
Heat the oven to 400°F.

Heat the soup and Worcestershire in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the beef and
heat through, stirring occasionally.

Divide the beef evenly among the rolls. Top the beef with the cheese slices and place the sandwiches onto a
baking sheet.

 
Bake for 3 minutes or until the sandwiches are toasted and the cheese is melted.  Spoon the soup mixture onto the sandwiches.  Top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon pepper rings.

I served with corn and put a little of the soup mixture on the side as a dipping sauce!  These were really yummy and pretty quick.  They are a bit decadent and heavy, so it is a once in awhile treat for us.

Hope you have a Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one.