Monday, September 5, 2011

Super Easy Peach Dump Cake!

As I have confessed before, I am not a very good baker.  I really don't know why I am not a good baker.  Maybe it is because baking requires following recipes exactly.  I am more of a "add a pinch of this" and "use enough spice to cover the chicken" type of girl when I cook.  So maybe that is my problem . . .

Anyway, there is no way you (or I) could screw up this cake that I made yesterday for a BBQ at my mom's house.  Yes, the name is not very pleasant sounding.  But, the taste makes up for it!


Easy Peach Dump Cake
Ingredients:
1 1/2 (28 oz) cans of peaches in juice
1 pkg of yellow cake mix
5-6 pats of butter

Instructions:
Pour peaches into a baking dish (I recommend a rectangular dish.  Maybe 13x9)


Dump the cake mix on top of the peaches.


Place pats of butter on top of the cake mix.



Bake at 350 F for about 30 mins or until top is bubbling and starting to brown!



I recommend serving warm with ice cream!! 

p.s. I'm linking up to the blog hop at Nap Time is My Time!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that looks so divine! I will try this soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I always love finding new recipes. Cooking helps keep Abby occupied (she has a hyper issue).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of dump cake! This is great!!! Even easier than the add a can of diet soda trick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! Yes, I would definitely need ice cream. We used to make something similar in a dutch oven when I was in college. Many years ago. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cake look so interesting, love the dump idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.