Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Edition: Yummy Finds

Hi there!  A big thank you to all of my new followers.  I am so excited to meet you and can't wait to visit your blogs!

If you are new here, on Fridays I post yummy finds that I come across during my blog stalking/web reading.  I love featuring bloggers, so if you have a yummy recipe that should be featured, drop me an email and let me know! 

We're having some friends up to visit this weekend.  Cannot wait since it is supposed to be a gorgeous weekend, and the Toddler is so excited to see the little girls who are coming to visit.  We're all hoping to have a great time...maybe do some apple picking, relax, and have some great food.  Oh yeah, the food - it won't all be Paleo.  The Husband and I are doing the "transitional" plan right now, so 15% of our week's meals are not Paleo.  So we will indulge a little this weekend!

In preparation for this weekend, I have also been scouring the web for some fun fall-themed cocktails.  I found some really yummy ones.  And then I found some that sound great but have 12 ingredients!  What is your favorite fall-themed cocktail?  Here are a couple that I have found . . .




YUMMY FIND NO. 1: Pumpkin Spice Kai-Tini posted at MicroLiquor

Image via MicroLiquor

Ooh!  This looks yummy.  I love that they use a cinnamon stick for a swizzle stick... so autumnal!  I also love that there are only 3 ingredients (minus the cinnamon stick).  This website has a lot of great cocktail recipes and this particular recipe appears in a list of top Halloween cocktails!

YUMMY FIND NO.2:  Bloody Scary Cocktail from Martha Stewart


Image via Martha Stewart
Oh Martha!  You never cease to amaze me!  I don't care what your daughter says about you - I love you.  And I love this pretty cocktail (the one on the left).  It contains prosecco, blood orange juice, Campari, simple syrup and Blavod black vodka.  I am a sucker for prosecco, but I have no idea what black vodka is or tastes like!  But it sure does make a pretty cocktail!







2 comments:

  1. Oh, that Pumpkin Spice Kai-Tini looks awesome. I will have to try that once I get back to the States this fall...have a feeling I won't be able to find Pumpkin liquer until then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I know of any fall-inspired mixed drinks -- but some of the hard ciders are pretty tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.