So in my quest to find new paleo-friendly recipes, I came across this one on Allrecipes.com. The original recipe (which is posted below) is not Paleo friendly since it has cheese and salt. So if that is a concern for you, feel free to omit those things!
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies
Recipe from www.allrecipes.com
1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
1lb ground beef
1/2 C diced green pepper
1/2 C diced red pepper
1/4 C diced red onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t dried basil
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 1/4 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place squash on a baking sheet, and bake 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, cool, and shred pulp with a fork.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F . Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in the green pepper, red pepper, red onion, and garlic. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Mix the shredded squash and tomatoes into the skillet, and season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove skillet from heat, and mix in 2 cups cheese until melted. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and continue baking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.