Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Edition: Yummy Finds

Happy Friday everyone! 

I haven't done a Yummy Finds in awhile, but wanted to bring it back since it is one of my favorite things to do with the blog.  I love reaching out to fellow bloggers and talking to them about their recipes and connecting with them.  If you have a recipe that you think I would like, please send me an email: actfastchef [@] hotmail.com!

So this week I have three finds for you to drool over!  I did not go with any sweets as that may have been a temptation for me.  (oh please, I had ice cream last night!!!  you guys??  why can't I eat well!!).


YUMMY FIND NO. 1: GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH PINEAPPLE from ValSoCal

From ValSoCal
Okay, we all know Val.  And if you don't you should go to her blog right now!  Val always posts amazing pictures of whatever she is doing, but I love the recipes she shares.  I mean, look at that picture!  It is lickable!  And the recipe seems pretty straightforward and simple.  So maybe I will make this soon - it has pineapple, so it appears to be healthy :)

YUMMY FIND NO. 2: SWEET POTATO AND GREEN CHILE PORK STEW from Barefeet in the Kitchen 

From Barefeet in the Kitchen
I love chili, stew, and soups of all kind.  Especially in the winter.  Doesn't Mary's stew look yummy.  If I could, I would take a swim in that stew and drink it up!  I love that the recipe uses white sweet potatoes or golden potatoes - some of my favorites.

YUMMY FIND NO. 3: HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE from Justin and Alana Karl

From Justin and Alana Karl
I may have an Italian sounding last name, but I am not Italian, and I can't make a good sauce to save my life!  That is why I rely on others to make excellent sauce and share their recipes with me.  So glad I found Justin and Alana's blog where they suggest to make Paula Deen's sauce for pasta dishes.  By the looks of the picture above, I would say that I agree with this suggestion!  Thanks Alana and Justin!

10 comments:

  1. I must admit my base spaghetti sauce is Prego and from there, I'll add in veggies and such, but it's still not from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you like the spaghetti sauce!! thanks for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature and sweet words!! All of these recipes look and sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing I was having either of the first two recipes for lunch today! And I LOVE homemade spaghetti sauce. I'm off to check out the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look so yummy! I am a new follower and would love it if you'd stop by and follow back!

    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that spaghetti sauce makes me hungry just to look at it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummmmmm! I'm starving now! Thank you for your sweet comment on our blog...following you now :) come back and visit us sometime!
    funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't ever tried making sauce from scratch but I have watched my friends do it. I think since I don't really like tomatoes I don't care too much what my sauce tastes like :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these look amazing! I need to go and read about them all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.