Monday, June 13, 2011

Simple Snack: Very Berry Corn Muffins

In addition to cooking dinner every night almost every night, I like to make or buy snacks that I can pack in lunches or just throw in my bag.  When I pick up the Toddler from daycare on Tuesdays and Fridays we usually run errands or go to the playground before heading home, so I like to be able to whip out a snack in case she gets hungry.  So non-perishable snacks are key.  Truthfully, I usually bring Goldfish crackers or Wheat Thins.  But not this week!

On Sunday morning I decided to use up my one box of corn muffin mix to make mini-muffins.  They came out pretty good, and they are definitely portable for me and the Toddler.  According to the Husband, the muffins should be enjoyed with butter.  So he will be having some for breakfast.

Very Berry Corn Muffins
Ingredients:
corn muffin mix (I used Jiffy, which called for 1 egg and 1/3 C milk)
1 C blueberries
1/3 C dried, sweetened cranberries
non-stick cooking spray or muffin tin liners



Directions
Make corn muffin mix according to directions
Add berries
clearly I have to clean my camera.  pardon the smudge
Combine the berries with the mix and pour into muffin tins.
Bake according to box directions


When they come out, enjoy as-is, or add a little butter to them.  Either way, they are pretty easy to make (7 mins without baking time) and pretty easy to pop into your mouth!


1 comment:

Comments make my day! Please leave one.