Thursday, October 13, 2011

Carrots and Parsnips

I've been looking for recipes to use the favor that I took home from my brother-in-law's wedding: rosemary infused olive oil.  It looks so pretty, and I almost hesitated to use it, but then thought better of the situation.


I had some leftover parsnips and carrots from the harvest stew I made.  So I decided to chop them up, drizzle with the olive oil, and roast them.  They came out really yummy, and made a very filling side!



Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Ingredients:
4-5 parsnips, peeled and rough-chopped
4-5 carrots, peeled and rough-chopped (or equal amount of baby carrots)
fresh rosemary
olive oil to drizzle and coat the veggies (AFC note: I used rosemary infused olive oil)

Instructions
Pre-heat oven to 400 F, place chopped veggies in a baking dish.  Add rosemary.  Drizzle with olive oil and toss veggies to coat them with the oil.  Place in oven until tender, about 30 minutes.


What are your favorite side dishes in the fall?  Do you like squash?  I'm looking for recipes that use spaghetti squash, so if you have some, please let me know!

P.S.  Have you made a fall dish or a Halloween treat and posted it on your blog?  Want to be featured on an upcoming Friday Edition of Yummy Finds?  Let me know!!

8 comments:

  1. I love love love any vegetable roasted that way. It's like candy to me. I can't stop myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really got to get into vegetables more. We have never been regular vegetable eaters, but that is going to change soon! This will be a great recipe to use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Lisa...LOVE roasted veggies and your carrots/parsnips look absolutely yummy! I've never cooked a spaghetti squash. definitely on my list of to-dos. I bet your rosemary oil would make great foccacia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I love roasted veggies, especially carrots! The oil sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great wedding favor! I don't think I've ever eaten parsnips before. I love butternut squash with lots of butter and brown sugar. Not the healthiest thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love roasted vegetables... it's one reason I don't mind the weather cooling off...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! So glad I found your blog...I'm always looking for new ideas for dinner :)

    You left a comment on my hand print pumpkins about the glitter and if it stays on in the rain and yes it does. I have the pumpkin on my steps and it's been through some good storms and has held up great! Thanks so much for visiting!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great side! I love squash and I recently found a spaghetti squash recipe on my Pinterest; Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/special-dietary-needs/spaghetti-squash-with-grilled-chicken-and-sun-dried-tomatoes/

    It looks delish, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Please leave one.