Monday, June 27, 2011

A Sneaky Meatless Meal

I hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine was busy, but enjoyable.  My nephew was finally born last Friday morning!  There were a few complications, but everyone is doing well.  And my MIL and I started work on her online store.  We didn't get as far as we wanted to because the Toddler didn't nap on Saturday.  Hopefully in the next week we will have it up and running!

It was a pretty gorgeous weekend as far as weather was concerned.  I made my slow cooker pulled pork tacos on Saturday and my turkey burgers on Sunday.  But last week it was rainy and yucky outside, so I didn't grill at all.

One of the nights I decided to throw together a really quick pasta meal.  It wasn't something I had planned ahead or gave any thought to.  It was just dinner time and I had this in my freezer/pantry:

And came up with:

[I forgot to take a picture of the finished meal!]

Oops :)  Anyway, using those ingredients, I came up with this meal.  It is pretty quick, so you can throw it together pretty fast. 

Ingredients:
1 T olive oil (or olive oil spray)
1 C baby carrots, sliced down the middle
2 zucchini, sliced in rounds
1 jar favorite marinara sauce
1 bag meatless crumbles
1 box pasta

Instructions:
Boil water for pasta.  Cook pasta according to box.
Heat frying pan and add oil.  Add veggies and saute until crisp tender.  Add seasonings if you like - salt and pepper, basil, etc. 
While the veggies are cooking, add the jar of marinara sauce to a pot.  Add the crumbles to the sauce.  Stir and heat.
Serve the sauce over the pasta and serve veggies on the side.


the only other picture I captured :)
I think I fooled the Husband into thinking it was meat.  It took him about 5 bites to ask me what he was eating.  The Toddler totally thought it was meat.  She kept picking up the veggie crumbles and saying "meat".  So cute!

What is your favorite sneaky veggie recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Please leave one.